JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method.....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method.....
Jinkies
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method..... 10 Years, 4 Months ago  
I followed all of Kayla's 'Creatively Organized' videos on VIMEO to set up my ACDSee catalogs.... it's been a couple of months since I've done anything with it and now the videos are no longer available.... very frustrating!

Does anyone know/remember the steps to add a new folder to the current structure? I have a lot of new supplies to organize but just can't remember how to do it....

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!!!!

Jen

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jana
JS Mentor
Gender: Female Jana's Journey jlholden15 Location: Spraground Forever! Birthday: 03/15
Re:Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method..... 10 Years, 4 Months ago  
You should still be able to view your class videos. I just checked mine, and the videos are still available. You might want to check under your classes tab again. Otherwise you could submit a support ticket.

If this helps,you can add a folder by clicking on the plus sign at the bottom of the pane to add new folders and/or categories. If you're still having trouble, let us know and we'll try to help you further.

Logged Logged

elseepe
Digital Superstar!
elseepe's blog
Kayla had made her classes available free of charge for sometime after retiring the class here at JS. A few months ago she sent and announcement that she would be pulling that material. You can see that thread here. As Jana said, if you purchased the class from JS.com, you still have access through your MyClasses tab.

If Jana's tip doesn't help, post back. I'm not at a computer with ACDSee at the moment to look at the menus. I remember, it is not intuitive at all as where to find it. But I find almost nothing intuitive about ACDSee, and I still use it.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/01/08 15:09 By elseepe.

~Lisa
If there's a JS class, I'm there.
elseepe's blog
PC Win7 64-bit PSE7, PSE11/CS6
mjschuman
Newbie!
Gender: Female marie.jose.schuman Location: Stein, Netherlands Birthday: 03/26
Unfortunally I missed that message. Is it possible that some one who follewed that class is willing to sent me the download from that class. I sooo loved Kayla's way of organising. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Marie-José

Logged Logged

Greeting MJ
Lisa*B
Digital Superstar!
Unfortunately anyone who acquired her information through JSprague isn't allowed to share the class information. You would have to get it from someone who downloaded it from the internet. Probably tricky...but maybe try Pinterest? Sorry I can't help.

Logged Logged

Lisa
Nikon D600, PSE13, LR5, Yosemite, iMac
Classes galore and scrapbooks to prove it
mjschuman
Newbie!
Gender: Female marie.jose.schuman Location: Stein, Netherlands Birthday: 03/26
Re:Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method..... 10 Years, 3 Months ago  
Thanks for the info. Unfortunally didnt find any one yet. Maybe I need to find a new method then.

Logged Logged

Greeting MJ
Eucalypta
European Expat, Espresso addict, Francophile
Runs with Crop Tool!
Re:Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method..... 10 Years, 3 Months ago  
Have you considered asking Kayla herself?

Logged Logged
dvhoward55
Pumped from Using the mouse!
Re:Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method..... 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
I think I need to know if you are a PC or a Mac. If you are a PC, this is what I do and I follow Kayla's method to a tee.

In my PC library structure I added a folder to My Documents > #OrigZips2Archive
The folder #OrigZips2Archive is where all my kits are downloaded to when I buy something from a shop. I open up ACDSee when I'm ready to unzip and sort the kit.

My next folder in My Documents is 1Digital Supplies : My Documents>1Digital Supplies
In this folder I have a folder titled #2B_Organized. This folder is where I extract all my zip folders to. Anything in that folder is a kit that needs to be "tagged".

I then right click on 1Digital Supplies to add a new folder. I make a folder for every designer that I have kits from. Right click on the Designers name to make a new folder for every kit that I bought, tagged and am ready to store.
Looks like this:
My Documents
#OrigZips2Archive
1Digital Supplies
#2B_Organized
Agnes Biro
Ali Edwards
Amber Shaw
etc.

In the right side pane of ACDSee is where all your categories are set up, the things you want attached to the papers, elements, masks, templates, themes, previews, brshes, journaling,

This is how mine looks when I am in the Organize pane (check the bottom tabs):
#Preview_Template
#Previews
0Designers
1Templates
2Masks
3Patters (these are papers)
4Colors
5Journaling
6Things
7Themes
8Brushes

Under the category of 0Designers (right click on 0Designer > New Category to add your same designers that were in the left pane).
Right click on the designer's name, click on New Category, type in name of kit.
You are making a tree structure of designer>kits.
Same goes for all your other categories, just right click on the category to add a new category under it. Once you've done that, you are set and you can start opening up kits in the #2B_Organized folder and highlight the specific thing you want to tag and start checking off the boxes in front of the categories you want attached to them. Be sure to highlight the entire kit and right click, click on "embed ACDSee metadata". F.Y.I. You have to do any folders within the kit individually like alpha, embed them, and move that folder over to the left pane under the kits name. Then you can embed all the other single items in kit and then move them to where they will now be stored in the left pane under the designers name.

If the check off boxes in front of you various categories in the right pane are missing go to Tools> Options> Organize> Enable setting categories, rating and color labels

There! I'm done!
Right click on the designers name > New Category to add the individual kits
Follow this same tree structure to add your subsets to each category and then start tagging.

Gosh, this post is a monster. I hope it helps a little. Sorry if I just confused you more. I would have answered more specifically but I wasn't sure where your confusion was at.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/09 14:32 By dvhoward55.

Windows 7; PSE 11
Canon EOS 60D
Lens: EF 50mm 1:1.4
EF 24-70mm 1:2.8
Robin820
ICQ#:
Re:Help - Kayla Lamoreaux method..... 10 Years, 2 Months ago  

Great Job!!!

Logged Logged

Roberta

Canon XS - Canon 50mm 1.8 - Tamron 18-250mm - Tamron 28-75 2.8

NWR - HiH - SiH - PEd - PE2 - BA - FPF +

Tryin Digi
Runs with Crop Tool!
Kayla Lamoreaux etc. --"embed ACDSee metadata" 10 Years, 1 Month ago  
"Be sure to highlight the entire kit and right click, click on "embed ACDSee metadata"."

Thanks for the elaborate explanation of your method. I am a newbie at ACDSee and am trying to find an effective method that will work for me, and your posting is very helpful. Just a question though. I am wondering what "embed ACDSee metadata" does?

Logged Logged
dvhoward55
Re:Kayla Lamoreaux etc. --"embed ACDSee metadata" 10 Years, 1 Month ago  
Embedding metadata means that the tagging is tied to the files so that if you have saved your data to an EHD or other source and your hard drives dies, the tagging will not be lost. This happened to me. My hard drive died and I had backed up all my ACDSee files to an EHD and when I restored them to my new hard drive, all my tags were intact. Yea for back ups and metadata!

Logged Logged

Windows 7; PSE 11
Canon EOS 60D
Lens: EF 50mm 1:1.4
EF 24-70mm 1:2.8
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.