JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New to ACDSee-Problem Categorizing Files
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: New to ACDSee-Problem Categorizing Files
kmdavis71
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
New to ACDSee-Problem Categorizing Files 10 Years, 3 Months ago  
Yesterday I was working on lesson 2 and everything was going fine with my sorting. This morning I was going to sort more digital supplies and when I do I can see my files but it will not let me put them into the different categories (no check mark will be placed by the category names). I am new to ACDsee so do not know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kelly

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
dvhoward55
Pumped from Using the mouse!
Re:New to ACDSee-Problem Categorizing Files 10 Years, 3 Months ago  
Yikes! That is frustrating. I'm not taking the class but I do use ACDSee and don't have a clue what you should do. Sorry....

Logged Logged

Windows 7; PSE 11
Canon EOS 60D
Lens: EF 50mm 1:1.4
EF 24-70mm 1:2.8
tammycirceo
JS Mentor
Gender: Female tammycirceo tammycirceo: Chez Nous tcirceo@hotmail.com Location: Mill Creek, WA
I had the same issue and because I've used ACDsee for years, I couldn't figure out what the issue was. Be sure you have an item selected (in the center frame), then the [properties/organize] selection should show the boxes to check for categorizing. If you have "Catalog" selected, you won't be able to make your selections.

Logged Logged

Tammy (Windows7/PSE10/CS6)
www.tammycirceo.com
masonjar
Newbie!
So I am trying to use acdsee on 2 computers (one laptop, one surface). I have it installed on both. I have changed the database location on both to read from my EHD, where I keep my database.

I have created categories and subs on my laptop fine. When I plug in my EHD to my surface, the categories do not show up.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I thought that the categories were part of the database and because it is stored on the EHD it would be the same on both computers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Heather

Logged Logged
tammycirceo
JS Mentor
Gender: Female tammycirceo tammycirceo: Chez Nous tcirceo@hotmail.com Location: Mill Creek, WA
Re:New to ACDSee-Problem Categorizing Files 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
@masonjar ... you might post this in a new thread so that it gets more attention. I wish I had the answer for you!

Logged Logged

Tammy (Windows7/PSE10/CS6)
www.tammycirceo.com
dvhoward55
Pumped from Using the mouse!
Re:New to ACDSee-Problem Categorizing Files 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
masonjar wrote:
So I am trying to use acdsee on 2 computers (one laptop, one surface). I have it installed on both. I have changed the database location on both to read from my EHD, where I keep my database.

I have created categories and subs on my laptop fine. When I plug in my EHD to my surface, the categories do not show up.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I thought that the categories were part of the database and because it is stored on the EHD it would be the same on both computers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Heather

I would have thought so too, but I only use one computer and all my stuff is on my hard drive, so I'm no help. But I feel your pain....
Contact ACDSee for help. They are good, Kayla used to do that when she was teaching the ACDSee organization class here. She would get help and then report back to the forum.

Logged Logged

Windows 7; PSE 11
Canon EOS 60D
Lens: EF 50mm 1:1.4
EF 24-70mm 1:2.8
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.