JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac
jalijahsmom
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac 10 Years ago  
Which do you prefer for organization of lots of photos & lots of supplies - Pixma or ACDSEE? I just got a mac laptop and right now it's a blank canvas - I'd like to do this organization thing once - and only once.

Thanks.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lisa*B
Digital Superstar!
Re:Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac 10 Years ago  
Me personally I prefer Pixa. ACDSee is a nightmare for mac users. I spent many hours trying to use ACDSee only to switch to Pixa a year later. I'm very happy about it too. There are so many options for organizing. You really have to figure out what you want to do. Some people use Lightroom, some use elements organizer, some use iPhoto, etc. My best advice is figure out what's best for you before you spend hours and hours organizing only to switch programs later.

Logged Logged

Lisa
Nikon D600, PSE13, LR5, Yosemite, iMac
Classes galore and scrapbooks to prove it
jalijahsmom
Newbie!
Re:Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac 10 Years ago  
I have been trying to figure out ACDSee for Mac - but it is not working so well for me so far. I'll download the Pixa trial and see what it's like. Thank you for the input.

Logged Logged
Tammyscraps
Runs with Crop Tool!
Re:Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac 9 Years, 12 Months ago  
I would love to hear yoru thoughts regarding the difference between the two programs. I was on a PC and took the ACDsee class and purchased the software and now I am a proud Mac owner. I hadn't even gotten all of my files organized in ACDSee lol

Logged Logged
Lisa*B
Digital Superstar!
Re:Pixma vs ACDSEE - Mac 9 Years, 11 Months ago  
The big thing is ACDSee doesn't support the Mac OS platform. They continuously make you re-purchase the software without an upgrade option. Their Mac support is not helpful either. If you read the forums on the ACDSee website you'll read how unhappy Mac customers are. Pixa is nothing like ACDSee and it has it's issues such as copying the files in your library. Pixa is written for how a Mac works though. I took Jessica's Pixa class and adapted from there. I don't tag each item, I just have them in the projects folders. I use the live folder to keep my WIP scrapbook pages in. It's a click and drag into PSE and I just really like how it works. Keep in mind....I have a relatively small digi supply stash.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/29 21:16 By Lisa*B.

Lisa
Nikon D600, PSE13, LR5, Yosemite, iMac
Classes galore and scrapbooks to prove it
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.