JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Organization/ACDSee Questions
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Organization/ACDSee Questions
DigiChick
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Organization/ACDSee Questions 16 Years, 11 Months ago  
Ok...It has come to the point where I no longer can remember where it all is! I have been shopping girls! Anyway, Jessica I know that you have organized your items with ACDSee and that you are in love with this program......

Here is my question...I am storing ALL of my digital elements on an exterior hard drive. I cannot seem to use the PSE 5 Organizer to access anything that is not on the actual computer's HD. (sigh....this could just be me.....I am farily new to the program....and YES, I have broken the spine on the owner's manual! ) Can you ACDSee users organize exterior files with this program? I don't want to buy it and then find that I cannot tag anything on my "I" drive.
Thanks in Advance!! I need to organize so I spend less time looking for that pink brad that I know was in a kit somewhere.......

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
~nic
Newbie!
Re:Organization/ACDSee Questions 16 Years, 11 Months ago  
I keep all my digi stuff on my EHD too, and ACDSee works perfectly to tag and organize it - I use ACDSee for digi stuff only, so my tags are not too overwhelming (pictures are organized in a different program)

Logged Logged
DigiChick
Newbie!
Great! (I agree.....I only want to use it to tag digi products) I have one more question regarding this....

There are some items that I don't want to tag individually...layered templates for example. (& separate alphas in a folder..I just want to tag the folder) But when I tried to set this up in PSE 5 (using, of course, my limited and newly acquired skills) it wants me to tag each individual template layer or alphabet symbol in the folder! ugh...
If I buy a Coordinating "KIT" of items I would like to be able to tag it as a "Summer Kit" AND Maybe categorize some of the items in the folder as well. Is this possible?
Thanks in Advance for your help!<br><br>Post edited by: DigiChick, at: 2007/06/01 21:34

Logged Logged
JHsizzle
Telling my story
Resident Expert + Moderator
Gender: Female In the moment Location: Phoenix, AZ Birthday: 04/28
DigiChick -- I have used ACDSee for about six months, and I love it! Yes, you can use it to tag and organize items not on your hard drive -- that is one of the beauties of this program. While I don't use it that way, I know it allows you to have thumbnails and then some sort of system that tells you where the items are -- on your EHD or CD/DVD. It also has the ability to help you back up your stash in a number of ways. My favorite thing about it is the ability to customize your organizing system. You can go as deep as you want in creating your categories. What I found is that I started out pretty elementary but as my collection has grown, I am branching out with new ways to tag my items to make them easy to find.

If you're interested, you should check out a site called DigiScrapInfo. It is the ACDSee mecca! It's run by two sisters (Heidi and Connie) who are a great team in helping people use the program. There are tutorials and a great forum for exchanging ideas and getting information. They even have examples of the different ways you can organize. It's cool. HTH<br><br>Post edited by: JHsizzle, at: 2007/06/02 18:29

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
DigiChick
Newbie!
Thanks....You guys have been terrific! I am heading there now!

Logged Logged
DigiChick
Newbie!
Thanks....You guys have been terrific! I am heading there now!

Logged Logged
tlc
Newbie!
You can also import a premade set of tags by Jessica Sprague herself on that site. It's what I am currently using.

Logged Logged

Leslie

Canon Rebel XTi
PSE 5
My feeble attempt at a blog ;)
jsamuels
I'll Just Start Over!!!
Digital Superstar!
Gender: Female Progress not Perfection Location: New Jersey Birthday: 11/28
I just read thru DigiChicks question and answers on this topic and I have a few questions not being familiar with external hard drives. I am going to look into the ACDSee program and an external hard drive. If I put the ACDSee program on my computer before I get an EHD can I then transfer whatever I saved on my computer to the EHD. I guess you can tell that I am really in the dark about this subject. I am still working on this whole were to save thing. I know that you have to do what works for you but if someone has a great way to do it why not!
Thanks I know I was rambling. Love this group they are so smart.

Joan

Logged Logged

Joan
27" iMac
MacbookPro
Canon 50D
CS5
JHsizzle
Telling my story
Hi Joan - to answer your question about starting ACDSee on your hard drive and then migrating it to an EHD, I'm pretty certain you can, but just to make sure, I'd recommend you check in at the DigiScrapInfo site (just google it; it should come up and if not, holler at me and I'll send you a link). Post your question on the ACDSee forum and Heidi or Connie will get right back to you. You won't believe your eyes when you see the resources for ACDSee on that site. They even have examples of how various scrappers have chosen to organize their stash, including the divine Jessica Sprague If you decide you want to go ahead, I'm also happy to share my system with you. HTH, J.

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
jsamuels
I'll Just Start Over!!!
Digital Superstar!
Gender: Female Progress not Perfection Location: New Jersey Birthday: 11/28
I went to the DigiScrapInfo and it was awesome. Downloaded the program and can't wait to start organizing. My laptop is new so its a good time to start with a new organizing system. Now my desktop is another story. I am going to put it on that also because I have a ton of stuff on it. I am going to start later today when I have more time. Thanks

Logged Logged

Joan
27" iMac
MacbookPro
Canon 50D
CS5
ingcvl
Newbie!
I use a Mac, therefore use iPhoto to organize my photos and digi supplies. But I am starting to have problems with iPhoto, I have lost some of my images, and there has been a significant slow down as I acquire more stuff.

Will ACDSee work on a Mac? What I would like to do is organize all my digi supplies on an external hard drive rather than have them taking up space on my computer. Anyone else had similar Mac issues or used ACDsee on a Mac?

I have over 25,000 images, many of which I have tagged, but I am needing something better to keep things organized.

Ingrid

Logged Logged
JHsizzle
Telling my story
Hi Ingrid -- I don't know about ACDSee on a Mac. I am sure the folks at DigiScrapInfo can answer that for you, and I'd be surprised, actually, if there's not already a thread on their board about that. Let me know if you need help with a link to their site. HTH

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.