JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help! My Picasa data is GONE!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help! My Picasa data is GONE!
Tamara33
Pumped from Using the mouse!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help! My Picasa data is GONE! 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi everyone...I haven't been on for a while but knew I'd find someone who could help me with my current dilemma here! I'm working on a project (it's been a while since I've done much digital since I got my Silhouette) and when I went into Picasa too look for some images...it's like the whole thing is empty. I had organized TONS of stuff here. My only thought is that I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro to Yosemite (from Lion). I did back up to Time Machine before I upgraded but not sure if or how I could retrieve my data or if Picasa works with Yosemite (some on-line said it does). Maybe there's an easy fix I'm missing??

Logged Logged

U&R,NWR,DID,DIDer,Picasa,Pen Tablet Class,Digi Art Journaling/MacBook Pro (Lion) using PSE10
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bestsides
I *heart* Photoshop!
JS Mentor
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Help! My Picasa data is GONE! 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi Tamara. Everything I've read in forums says it works fine. Two things come to mind...apps cannot be "copied" to new OS they have to be reinstalled. So when you set up Yosemite did you reinstall Picassa? Every database like Picasa has a file where the library info is stored. I don't use Picasa so I'm not much help. But from what I gather the file might be called db3 or similar. Maybe when Picassa got set up under the new OS it starts with a new db3 file so in order to use the one you had all your data on you would just have to get that file from time machine and put it in the correct location? that is a guess....

it sounds as if the file should be in: username>Library>Application Support>Google>Picasa3

In order to see the Library under Yosemite you have to make it visible as Mac hides it.
So first follow these instructions
How to show user library in yosemite:

next look in that directory and see if you can find the db3 file that Picasa techies refer to
right click to get info and see when the db3 file was created...if it is not your old date from awhile ago it means you have a new one started and you might have success at just copying the old one out of time machine.

another thought is when you installed Yosemite did you do anything different than under Mavericks or Lion that might have changed the file path structures? Meaning did you change your Home username from Tamaras Computer to Tamaas iMac or some such thing? If so it might mean that the database is having trouble finding the data. In LR there is a way for you to "find missing files" - not sure if a similar tool is available for Picasa or not.

Hope this helps.~joan

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/01/23 01:54 By bestsides.

Joan2
myfourstories.wordpress.com/
Mac PSE 10, CS6, CC

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.