JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Intuos 4 Mouse Issues
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Intuos 4 Mouse Issues
Juls~
Scrap Your He*Art Out!
Digital Superstar!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Papier Creatif Location: Dallas, TX, Metroplex Birthday: 09/07
Intuos 4 Mouse Issues 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi Everyone!

Nice to be back at J*S. I'm taking her Type-ology course. Was wondering if anyone else is having Pen & Tablet issues with Intuos 4? I am running Windows, 8.1. Updated the driver, etc ... Wondering if there is a compatibility issue, for instance, is Windows 8.1 overruling the selections for the Intuos? There are separate control panels for each.

Anyone have tips on how to resolve?

Logged Logged

Juls~

www.papiercreatif.blogspot.com

Adobe PS CS5
Adobe PS Elements + Premiere 12
Canon 60D
Intuos 4
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bestsides
I *heart* Photoshop!
JS Mentor
Re:Intuos 4 Mouse Issues 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
hi juls. glad to "see" you again! I don't have windows anymore but do know that Wacom often has a very specific way to update their tablets. I can't remember the steps but it has to be in a specific order or the driver makes the wacom wonky.

I found this from Wacom for a guy with the Intuos 3 - so the steps should be the same. This guy found he also had to put his Tablet into a different USB port when he did the steps or else the tablet would not work. Not sure why. But maybe try this (using the correct driver for your Intuos 4)

"Unplug the tablet and uninstall the driver, then restart Windows. Go to device manager and remove any Wacom entries from HID and mice section. Update Windows8 with the latest patches, then attach the tablet to a USB port in the back of the machine. Windows should detect it as HID mouse device. - Then login in with an admin user account, download and install the new 6.36 driver (from our US website at the moment). The driver can have trouble running or detecting the tablet, if your user and program files path are in different drives, or if part of the driver is blocked (f.e. by a firewall such as ZoneAlarm).

The driver supports the Intuos3 models, but we do not test much with that. If it does not work well, you can revert to an older driver such as 6.17. It works under Win8."

Hope this helps you get back up and running

Logged Logged

Joan2
myfourstories.wordpress.com/
Mac PSE 10, CS6, CC

Juls~
Scrap Your He*Art Out!
Digital Superstar!
Gender: Female Papier Creatif Location: Dallas, TX, Metroplex Birthday: 09/07
Re:Intuos 4 Mouse Issues 9 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi Joan!

Great to see you too Thanks so much for the info on how to reinstall and update. I will give that a try. I have been literally redoing a lot of commands over and over. So a fix would be nice.

See you in Typeology.

Logged Logged

Juls~

www.papiercreatif.blogspot.com

Adobe PS CS5
Adobe PS Elements + Premiere 12
Canon 60D
Intuos 4
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.