JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
ACDSee beginners -- video available!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: ACDSee beginners -- video available!
JHsizzle
Telling my story
Resident Expert + Moderator
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female In the moment Location: Phoenix, AZ Birthday: 04/28
ACDSee beginners -- video available! 16 Years, 9 Months ago  
Just saw this on the two peas board and figured I'd post here. I haven't checked this out myself but apparently the gals at DigiScrapInfo have created videos to help people figure out how to use our ol' friend, ACDSee.

Hope this is helpful! Let us know what you think!

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jsamuels
I'll Just Start Over!!!
Digital Superstar!
Gender: Female Progress not Perfection Location: New Jersey Birthday: 11/28
Re:ACDSee beginners -- video available! 16 Years, 9 Months ago  
Janie, the videos were great. Its always better to look over someones shoulder when you are learning how to do something. I only got 3 and in the last one she mentioned something about covering something in the next which I didn't find. I am going to go back to the site and search around. Thanks. I am pretty much all up to date on my organizing but you learn something new every day.

Logged Logged

Joan
27" iMac
MacbookPro
Canon 50D
CS5
Jana
JS Mentor
Gender: Female Jana's Journey jlholden15 Location: Spraground Forever! Birthday: 03/15
Thanks Janie! I'm off to watch them right now. Maybe I can see something about the glitch I'm having with my alphas.

Logged Logged

jsamuels
I'll Just Start Over!!!
Digital Superstar!
Gender: Female Progress not Perfection Location: New Jersey Birthday: 11/28
I don't know what kind of glitch you are having with your alphas. I created a catagory for mine. I just find it easier for me to see all my alphas by themselves.

Logged Logged

Joan
27" iMac
MacbookPro
Canon 50D
CS5
Jana
JS Mentor
Gender: Female Jana's Journey jlholden15 Location: Spraground Forever! Birthday: 03/15
Joan, I can't find the last video either so if you do, please post.
thanks!

Logged Logged

Stirling
Never miss an opportunity to be happy.
Digital Superstar!
JHsizzle - thanks for the link.

Logged Logged

Diane
U&R - NWR - Digin Deep and Oh Shoot Alum
Nikon D60
18-55mm(f1:3.5-5.6G)
70-300mm (f4.5-5.6G)
Flickr
Jana
JS Mentor
Joan, maybe I'll go back &amp; create a category too. I don't know why mine got messed up. Thanks.

Logged Logged

Stirling
Digital Superstar!
Ok so I forgot to ask my question - is ACDSee better for organizing your pictures,kits fonts etc or the organizer bin in PSE5? Or do you use both? Boy there is a lot to learn with this digi stuff. Thanks for your patience and help.

Logged Logged

Diane
Nikon D60
70-300mm (f4.5-5.6G)
Flickr
SadieGirl
Pumped from Using the mouse!
Great videos! Maybe the last one isn't up yet since the &quot;last updated&quot; says 8/6 (monday). Maybe they'll get it up soon!

Logged Logged

NanaJeanne
If it works...don't fix it!
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
Janie,
Thanks so much for the link to the videos.....a great help! Visuals make the process go so much faster!
Jump up &amp; down! Sing &amp; dance! Get down on my knees and thank the Lord and the digi-angel for sending me to Jessica and you girls....you are the BEST! Little things make me very happy - can you tell?
Another small step in my climb out of &quot;Digi-scrapping File Overload H---&quot; (DSFOH)

Logged Logged

Jeanne MacBook Pro PSE10 Canon SX20IS
LivE
Spraground Fixture
Administrator
Gender: Female LivEdesigns live.0319 Location: The Dark Side Birthday: 08/05
Jana, aren't you using the &quot;keyword&quot; to organize your alphas as the DigiScrapInfo sisters recommended? I used that to organize my alphas (but there's just ONE alpha I've organized, so I don't know if it'll freak out on me once I get all my alphas in LOL! ) Here's the link that gives you the pdf instructions for organizing alphas... http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/files/details.php?file=11

Logged Logged

~Liv~ LivEdesigns

LivE
Spraground Fixture
Administrator
Diane, you can use whichever method works best for you... Here's what works best for me:
I use ACDSee to organize all my digi materials (papers, elements, templates, everything you use to make a layout).

I use the PSE organizer to organize my photos (all 30,000 + of them)... I like the ability that PSE affords me to pull up any photo I need by just clicking on the tags and categories I've marked them with. So easy and quick to work that way, just as it's so easy and quick to work with ACDSee and digi materials.

I've read that if you use your PSE organizer to organize your digi stuff, your PSE will crawl, and we don't want that. I'm too terrified to try ACDSee as the lone-ranger organizer of both my digi stuff and photos because I don't want to risk a crash there either. (Though Janie, our reigning ACDSee queen, uses ACDSee to view her photos and it works well for her... and she's the expert, so... I guess it's really up to you

The way I see it, my choice to use both PSE and ACDSee is a lot like having 2 people in charge of 2 different departments of the same company: I'd rather have each one specialize in her area of expertise and hit a homerun than have one person doing both functions and trudging through the door haggardly at the end of the workday. But that's just me... it might work differently for you or for others. The great thing about all this is we can choose whatever works best for us!

Hope this helps a bit!

EDIT: Diane, I just read the other thread where I have finally seen the light and I need to let you know, there is no way that ACDSee can crash if you use it with both your photos and your digi stuff. My fabulous girlfriends are all using ACDSee to view their photos and their digistuff and it totally works for them, so you can surely do that too with maximum security that it will be fine! I stand humbly corrected on that point.
Post edited by: LivE, at: 2007/08/09 19:05<br><br>Post edited by: LivE, at: 2007/08/09 19:34

Logged Logged

~Liv~ LivEdesigns

Jana
JS Mentor
Liv darling.............yes, I'm using the keywork alpha! The problem is, when I do the quick search, it's not showing my alphas. It's showing one set I put in ages ago, before I knew about the keyword, and when I click on those, ACDSee says it can't locate my files. A true mystery. Has anyone else had this problem? I did e-mail Connie &amp; Heidi at Digiscrapinfo to ask for some help. Hopefully, they'll get back to me. When they do, I'll forward the info. in case someone else goes through this.............hope you don't girlfriends! Oh, one more thing.....I use PSE to organize &amp; tag my photos per Jessica's &amp; Janie's recommendations. I had done that before Up &amp; Running anyway.<br><br>Post edited by: Jana, at: 2007/08/09 19:41

Logged Logged

JHsizzle
Telling my story
Just a small clarification here ... I don't use any organizing software to tag my photos. In fact, I don't tag them at all. I organize them manually, so to speak, by just creating my own subfolders within the My Pictures folder. My photos are grouped by date because I remember dates. So every year I create a new folder. This year's is 2007. (duh!) Then every time I upload photos from my camera, I create a new folder within 2007 and name it like this: 2007_0513_ChloeBirthday . That way, I know the photos in that folder are from Chloe's birthday celebration on May 13, 2007.

I do view my photos through ACDSee, and I open them directly into PSE when I'm scrapping.

I will admit all this talk of tagging photos has me curious, however, in terms of how ACDSee would do. Perhaps in my spare time, I'll tag a few with some easy categories (for example, who's in the photo). You know what also might be cool -- what if one tagged the photos she eventually wanted to scrap (you know, the good ones) so that when I wanted to scrap a photo of Chloe, I would sort my photos for two categories -- Chloe and Scrap. What do you think? (Or should I just go back to bed and nurse my flu, and maybe give this better consideration when I'm not running a fever )

Post edited by: JHsizzle, at: 2007/08/09 21:55

Post edited by: JHsizzle, at: 2007/08/09 21:56<br><br>Post edited by: JHsizzle, at: 2007/08/09 21:57

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
Runs with Crop Tool!
Hello everyone!
*waving at Janie* Hi girlfriend

I'm glad that you found the videos! I believe that Heidi has 3 so far &amp; has plans to make more. They take some time though She will be offering some more advanced things in the future.

Everyone's feedback is great to read! I saw there was a lot of traffic today from over here &amp; had to come check it out.

In regard to organizing in PSE - neither of us use it, but we've heard that it bogs at 20 gig. Heidi has instr's on how to convert tags over to ACDSee.

Please let me know if you have questions.
I'll answer some of the other questions here.

We tend to use keyword for folders containing alphas, but some do it differently.

Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com

Logged Logged
Jana
JS Mentor
Hi Connie, I actually sent you an e-mail today. I'm having trouble with my alphas. If you get a chance, I'd love to have your help. Thanks, Jana

Logged Logged

Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
Runs with Crop Tool!
Jana wrote:
Hi Connie, I actually sent you an e-mail today. I'm having trouble with my alphas. If you get a chance, I'd love to have your help. Thanks, Jana

Hi Jana,
I didn't get an email about alphas.

Did you send it to info@digiscrapinfo.com ?

try sending it to digiscrapinfo@gmail.com

Alpha Soup is common I've helped a few sort that out.
I'm bensenc on hello - which is the easiest way to sort it out.
(I encourage people to add me, but if you add me please keep in mind that I have over 80 people on my list &amp; I work full time. I've kind of went to making appt's.)

Connie

Logged Logged
Jana
JS Mentor
Hi Connie, glad you're still on; I sent e-mail to hejeva but didn't realize that until right now. Sorry about that. Here's what I wrote though. If you don't mind I'll just copy/past and I'm always amazed at how everyone on this network is always so willing to help. I realize you gals have full-time responsibilities, so I really appreciate any help you can give me.
Hi Connie/Heidi,
I seem to have quite a problem with organizing my alphas. I am a newbie but have successfully tagged all my digi supplies except the alphas. I'm following your protocol. I also was in Jessica Sprague's Up &amp; Running Class so have received help ideas from several people.
Problem: I am typing alpha in the keyword box after highlighting an alpha folder. Most of them are not showing up using the quick search. The ones that do show up, when I click on them to open them, error says ACDSee cannot locate the files and asks if I want them removed from my database.
So, I'm at a loss at this point as to what I need to do to correct this. I'd certainly appreciate any help you could give me.
Thanks so much,
Jana Holden
jlholden15@insightbb.com

Logged Logged

Tiffany
Newbie!
Jana, I did get your email. I just hadn't gotten a chance to respond to it. Sorry about that..

As for the new videos. I am glad that you are enjoying them! Yes, the first 3 were released early this week. I am hoping the cliffhanger (the 4th) will be out soon. I just don't know if I can get it done before I go on a vacation (a non-internet accessible vacation at that.) Watch our blog though because I post on there when I release new videos!

Logged Logged
LivE
Spraground Fixture
Administrator
Well, will y'all take a look at that? We've got the Two Great ACDSee Sisters on our board! Now the triumvirate (Heidi, Connie, plus our majesty Janie ) is complete! How much luckier can we get? I'm soooooo amazed! Thanks for hopping over too, heidi!

Logged Logged

~Liv~ LivEdesigns

Stirling
Digital Superstar!
Liv thanks for the info - one day when I am caught up at work I will really get into this. Right now I can spend only scant half hours stolen from the office work I need to get done - but hey a girl has to eat lunch right? xxxxx these are my fingers crossed I get into the next class so I can get up to speed like the rest of you. This is such a great board!

Logged Logged

Diane
Nikon D60
70-300mm (f4.5-5.6G)
Flickr
JHsizzle
Telling my story
I just watched the three videos -- man, I wish these had been around when I started with ACDSee! They are very helpful in visualizing and understanding the power of the software. Nice job, Heidi and Connie!

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
Kim_G
Runs with Crop Tool!
I just want to add that whoever is speaking on the video...you have a very lovely voice. Very soothing to listen too.
Thanks for all you do.
Kim

Logged Logged

Kim
LivE
Spraground Fixture
Administrator
Diane... xxxx keeping my fingers (knees, toes...) crossed for you too! Glad to be of help!

Logged Logged

~Liv~ LivEdesigns

heidi@digiscrapinfo.com
Newbie!
The 4th video is now available!

You guys get the first peek at it because I got such wonderful feedback from everyone here.
ACDSee Photo Manager Videos

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.