JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Connie is wonderful!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Connie is wonderful!
Jana
JS Mentor
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Jana's Journey jlholden15 Location: Spraground Forever! Birthday: 03/15
Connie is wonderful! 16 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi Gals, just thought I'd fill you in on my alpha problems. First of all, Connie was so nice & helpful. Actually, she was wonderful! She took time tonight to help me directly and finally figured out my problem. Okay, are you ready for this? Sometimes computers can drive you crazy! Under quick search for my alphas, I had typed in a lower case a (alpha). Under the keyword box I had been typing a capital A (Alpha) and the rest is history...............quick search couldn't find my files because of the case difference. OMG! Just let me scream!!! So, beware friends, if you have any problems, check your cases! I'm just relieved that's all it was. I was beginning to think I had a glitch in my ACDSee. So anyway, life is good again and Connie is awesome! You know, I told my dh I have never seen anything like it before......this whole community is unbelievably nice & helpful! I'm blessed to be a part of it now!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dewnie
Digital Superstar!
Re:Connie is wonderful! 16 Years, 9 Months ago  
well from crying out loud...go figure.....all of this is so helpful in this process!! thanks...(for i too was wondering why this keyword thing was not working)...so i put all my alphas under template/sub alphas....

Logged Logged

www.dawn-makingscents.blogspot.com/
PC-NikonD40-CS4-ACDSee-Wacom Intuos3
U&R,NWR,DID,TW,TW2,SiH,HiH,OS,PEd,PE2,TOP,BE,BA,PTB,I101,AoD
Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
Runs with Crop Tool!
Dewnie wrote:
well from crying out loud...go figure.....all of this is so helpful in this process!! thanks...(for i too was wondering why this keyword thing was not working)...so i put all my alphas under template/sub alphas....

If you used Alpha initially & then have been using alpha since... you need to fix it please. (And have someone change their instr's too! )

To fix it:
View | Properties
Click on the box to the right of the keywords entry box
Look at what's on the left & right.
Edit Alpha to be alpha & you'll be good to go.

Connie
And Jana - thanks! I'm always glad to help. I don't want anyone

Logged Logged
JHsizzle
Telling my story
Resident Expert + Moderator
Gender: Female In the moment Location: Phoenix, AZ Birthday: 04/28
Hi Connie -- nice to see you on this board.

And thank you for coming through for Jana. I knew you would and as I have told everyone, you and Heidi are the ACDSee experts! Without your help, I would have been hard-pressed to learn the program and get my system set up, so let me take this opportunity to thank you again.

If you used Alpha initially & then have been using alpha since... you need to fix it please. (And have someone change their instr's too! )

Re: the alpha issue, for what it's worth, the tips I shared are correct on this point. While I do capitalize Alpha for my folder name, i.e. JessicaSprague_PinkLemonade_Alpha, my write-up is consistent using alpha (small-case) to key-word the folder.

I want to be very clear that I have never characterized the information I've shared as being "instructions." They simply are a write-up I did based on my experience with the software and include this information about DigiScrapInfo:

It is important to me to recognize and credit the people who helped me learn all I know about ACDSee and organizing my digital collection. I wrote this protocol based on information I gained from Connie and Heidi at DigiScrapInfo, as well as my own personal experience in researching and working with the software to develop a system that really works for me and the way I scrap.

If you have questions, I would highly recommend you visit their site. Here is a link: www.digiscrapinfo.com/dsiwiki/DigiScrapInfo

Please know that you also are welcome to email me at any time, and I will do my best to help you.

I believe strongly in the power and spirit of a learning community. I also want to publicly thank Jessica (Sprague) for her vision and generosity in sharing her talents and skills with so many of us in the digi community. Through her, we have come together to learn and have fun while on this new journey.

If anyone is experiencing difficulty with the program due to what I shared, I am truly sorry. Obviously that wasn't my intention and I feel badly if I caused anyone computer grief.<br><br>Post edited by: JHsizzle, at: 2007/08/10 07:50

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
LivE
Spraground Fixture
Administrator
Gender: Female LivEdesigns live.0319 Location: The Dark Side Birthday: 08/05
Janie... it's all COOOL. You caused no one any grief and you caused everyone much joy in discovering the wonders of ACDSee. It is completely unthinkable that any of us would look at you with any less than admiration and gratitude for all the self-giving and generosity you have been offering all this time.

Take a deep breath, sit back, relax. It's all good. We love you. And we thank you. Seriously.

(((Hugs)))

Logged Logged

~Liv~ LivEdesigns

Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
Runs with Crop Tool!
Oh dear,
Janie, I was in a good mood when I wrote (hence the use the smiley).

It was a very subtle case, obscure &amp; quite isolated probably.

I'm sorry that I suggested changing the instructions. And Janie, there was never any doubt that your information wasn't acceptable. Heidi &amp; I want people to use the tools available to them. And it is an individualized experience - that's what makes the organizing unique.

No offense intended dear. In fact Heidi &amp; I quite appreciate your helping others! We certainly can't be everywhere. Of late we tend to stick fairly close to our site &amp; it's been busy with troubleshooting.
Connie<br><br>Post edited by: Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com, at: 2007/08/10 12:38

Logged Logged
Dewnie
Digital Superstar!
Janie........we LOVE you....!! If i lived near you i would be making you chicken soup for your flu!!

Logged Logged

www.dawn-makingscents.blogspot.com/
PC-NikonD40-CS4-ACDSee-Wacom Intuos3
U&R,NWR,DID,TW,TW2,SiH,HiH,OS,PEd,PE2,TOP,BE,BA,PTB,I101,AoD
JHsizzle
Telling my story
Connie and all – not to worry … all is fine!

If I sounded snarky, that wasn’t my intention. I just felt badly that I had perhaps steered Jana (and others) wrong and caused more work for them and you.

I really am glad for your presence on the board. I have enjoyed helping people learn about ACDSee and probably am a bit too giddy in my excitement about the way it’s liberated me as a digi scrapper. Trying to help those having problems has been humbling, to say the least, and I have a renewed appreciation for your knowledge/talents. It’s a really good reminder for me to keep my day job.

No offense taken and I hope you know how much I value you, Heidi and DigiScrapInfo. You guys are the best and your site rocks! I’m hoping to spend some quality time there. It sounds like you have added a whole host of enhancements since I started using ACDSee in December!

Oh, and thanks to all for the kind thoughts on my flu – I’m home again today but hanging in there. Dewnie, were you in Phoenix, I’d be asking you for seconds on that soup.

Hugs, J.

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
Jana
JS Mentor
Gender: Female Jana's Journey jlholden15 Location: Spraground Forever! Birthday: 03/15
Janie, dear friend, ditto to what Liv just said. You've been nothing but a tremendous help &amp; support for us, holding our hands through this journey,. I feel terrible that you felt bad or thought anything negative. You're a giver, not a taker, and we love you &amp; thank you for all your time you've given us!

Oh my goodness, I guess our posts just crossed. Please don't feel like you steered me wrong.............I could just cry thinking you think that. I just wasn't sharp enough or catch the lower case deal and that certainly had nothing to do with you my dear. I'm just not familiar enough with ACDSee to fine tune all the details. But I'll get there and that's because you've held my hand all the way!<br><br>Post edited by: Jana, at: 2007/08/10 15:07

Logged Logged

JHsizzle
Telling my story
Jana -- you are so sweet. (And don't say you're not sharp -- that's just silly talk All is fine in ACDSee land. And now we have Connie here with us, a resident expert -- it just doesn't get any better than that!

I think of ACDSee the same way I do Photoshop, or any other computer software, for that matter. It's so incredibly powerful and when it's going right, you love it. When it's hanging you up, you hate it and primarily because you can't figure it out! I know that frustration full well and I just died thinking I'd sent you or anyone else to that awful place.

But you're back in the pink and I know with Connie's help, everyone will be ACDSee proficient, so it's all good. As we did with U&amp;R, we are blazing new trails, holding hands and having fun. This community is just so amazing!

Hugs to you, friend. You are so kind and I appreciate you!

Logged Logged

Janie
In the Moment

Photoshop CS4
Canon Rebel XSi
Canon SD880 IS
Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
Runs with Crop Tool!
Janie is correct about ACDSee in that it is very powerful. It has taken the digiscrapping community months to harness that &amp; maximize it for digiscrappers. Heidi &amp; I haven't done that. We've just been the collecting point. We've had great support from ACDSee &amp; can in turn share that with everyone.

As Jana saw last night, it took me awhile to troubleshoot it. (Ask her about Hello!). Heidi &amp; I have our specialty areas. She does networking &amp; configurations &amp; I work with the crashing/initial start up issues. I also can move databases around in my sleep (not sure if that's so good!). Together we address most everything.

But Heidi &amp; I do agree that ACDSee is a very complicated software. We have tried to make it easy to get started &amp; use on a regular basis. There are people like Janie who believe that it is so imperative to their digiscrapping. And that makes us feel like we've contributed to the digiscrapping world. That was our goal.

So, enjoy! (and I hope you feel better soon Janie... being sick isn't fun at all)
Connie

Logged Logged
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.