JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
my daughter wants a new dslr camera for Christmas
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: my daughter wants a new dslr camera for Christmas
JobaScraps
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
my daughter wants a new dslr camera for Christmas 10 Years, 5 Months ago  
It gets so confusing sometimes how to figure out what you need in a camera. She has a 13 year old Nikkon dslr camera right now. She wanted a Nikkon dslr because I have Nikkon and maybe we can share knowledge how to use and even on occasion lenses etc. She called CAMERA Exchange . The guy told her she didn't need the lastest models because they were mostly improvement in the video part of the camera and my daughter has a new video camera. Is that true?? He recommended the d5100. I'm wondering if getting the lastest dx model would be better ?? And what is the lastest model anyway? d7000?? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Logged Logged

Photoshop CS5
Windows 7
Nikon d5000
55-200mn f/4-5.6
18-55mn f/3.5-5.6
35mm 1:1.8

The administrator has disabled public write access.
JobaScraps
Re:my daughter wants a new dslr camera for Christmas 10 Years, 5 Months ago  
Well I hardly got done asking for help here in the forum when my daughter called on the phone. She was at Camera exchange with hubby and she was getting the Nikkon d7100!!! It is so exciting getting a new camera .As neat as getting a new computer!!!!! Still would appreciate any imput from you guys!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/12/02 16:34 By JobaScraps.

Photoshop CS5
Windows 7
Nikon d5000
55-200mn f/4-5.6
18-55mn f/3.5-5.6
35mm 1:1.8

KBear
Kimber
Photography TA, JS Mentor, & Forum Guru
If her previous camera was 13 years old, she'll probably be happy with the upgraded camera. If it had been five or so years old, I would have told her not to worry about it, but there have been some improvements to the sensors, as well as some of the features that are now available. The Nikon D7100 is a great camera. Congratulations to her!

Logged Logged
Pesc
Gender: Female Pescbrico Location: Baie-Comeau Birthday: 01/23
I love my Nikon d7100. She will find a HUGE improvement in the amount of noise at higher ISO. It will not compare at all! I can see the difference between the pictures I took with my old Nikon (more than 10 years old) and this new model Their is an intervalometer in the camera so she can do star trail... etc.

What a wonderful Christmas gift she is getting! And I agree that it's fun to have the same brand to be able to share lenses.

Logged Logged

Nikon D7100, Nikon D80, 50mm 1.8, usual kit lenses, Tamron 28-75 2.8, SB-700 - PS CS5 - Lightroom 3.6 - Fujifilm X10
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.