JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Define Brush Preset Error
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Define Brush Preset Error
redfoxphoto
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Define Brush Preset Error 9 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hello!

My name is Abbie and I'm a first time poster {Actually, first forum post..ever..in the history of histories}. But I've read a few and everyone on here seems really nice and helpful, so I feel comfortable posting here. I have seen this question asked before, but usually for a type they have made themselves.

I'm completely self taught on Photoshop {I have PS CC for the Mac} and right now at a total loss. A graphic designer made my logo and we're trying to make it a brush so I can use it as a watermark. Typically, I have no issues making a brush, but I keep getting the "Could not complete the Define Brush Preset command because the selected area is empty."

She hand drew the logo, cleaned it up in AI, added it to a transparent layer and cropped it in. The "photo" is from type and not hand drawn. It's also white which I have been seeing people say do brushes in black. So far I have it as a .png and a .pdf but I can't get it into a brush. Also, it's only one layer. 1351 px X 522 px.

If anyone has any idea what to do, please let me know And, if you would be soooo kind as to explain it for a newbie, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks so much for your time!
Xoxo Abbie

{Attaching the logo .png in case it's helpful...}

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
redfoxphoto
Newbie!
Re:Define Brush Preset Error 9 Years, 9 Months ago  
Not sure how to delete {noob alert} but I literally figured it out two seconds after posting...curiosity works sometimes Just inverted it to black. Wow I feel silly ))

Logged Logged
KBear
Kimber
Photography TA, JS Mentor, & Forum Guru
I could delete the post for you, but I don't think it needs to be deleted, as your post may help someone else some day. I'm glad you figured it out, and welcome to the Spraground! I can still remember feeling nervous the first day I clicked Submit on my first post. It was at this site too. I hope you'll feel like you can post here anytime. This is a great community with a lot of kind and helpful people.

Logged Logged
Terebene
You can never have too many brushes
JS Mentor
Welcome! Just for a little more explanation in case someone else needs it. Only black will be made into a brush. Gray works but the brush will be semi-transparent. So it is as simple as making the image black instead of white. I'm glad you figured it out.

Logged Logged

If Jessica offers it, I've probably taken it.
Blog: mydailylife365.blogspot.com
CS6 on Mac; Canon 7D
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.