JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Oh Shoot 1 Help
abm234
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Oh Shoot 1 Help 9 Years, 9 Months ago  
I purchased the retired Candice Stringham class Oh Shoot and am just getting around to doing it.

I know that there is no forum/gallery/support offered anymore on the retired class.

I was hoping some lovely community members might take the time to offer me some constructive criticism.

If this is not an okay post or place to post please let me know!

I just completed the first lesson on Shutter Speed.

These are my homework photos.

Camera: Nikon D5200
Shutter speed: 1/60
Aperture: f/18
ISO:400
White balance:?
Focal length: 32

Camera: Nikon 5200
Shutter speed: 1/500
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO: 400
White balance:?
focal length 32

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/08/07 16:40 By abm234.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
hawkygal
Runs with Crop Tool!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Oh Shoot 1 Help 9 Years, 7 Months ago  
I've never taken this course but i can try to help with the feedback

It looks like the assignment was to try experimenting with different shutter speeds and apertures to see the effect.

In your first photo the main subject is blurred because of the low shutter speed at 60. However the stationary background is relatively sharp because of the aperture of 18. The larger this number the more depth of field (objects in the picture further to the back or closer to the camera than the main subject) will be in focus.

In your second picture you nailed it with the higher shutter speed of 500 you were able to completely freeze the action of your main subject, while letting the background of the picture fade more into the background with the lower aperture of 6.8.

You will find in general if you keep your ISO fixed as in these photos that there will be a interplay between aperture/depth of field and shutter speed. As one goes up the other will go down to equal the two out

Great job, i think its especially good because it looks as though you were taking the photos under overcast sky which can be more challenging

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.