JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: color control
sprout87
Born and raised desert rat
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Sprout87 Sprout87 Sprout87 Location: Arizona Birthday: 09/03
color control 11 Years, 3 Months ago  
Is there a way in PSE to change what controls the color? I just got a new printer & I don't like the way it does the color. It's not what the original looks like. It's an HP 6520 Photosmart printer. May have to contact HP because I changed the setting to borderless & still got a border. Not at all happy with this thing.

Logged Logged

Carol
The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J.Bingham
Win7 PSE9 Canon RebelT3 speedlite 320ex 50mm f/1.8 75-300mm f/3.5-5.6
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Photokool
Loving this crazy life!
Digital Superstar!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:color control 11 Years, 3 Months ago  
There have been other posts about color and printing, so you might want to search for that. Also, Jessica talks about it in several different classes.

I also have an HP Photosmart printer, and you need to make sure you have borderless selected in the right place. Go through all the menus in your printer properties to see what you may need to change... including quality levels.

Some of your color issues can stem from the color output, so check with HP or your manual to see what color space is preferred. You will need to save your file from PS in that color output before printing.

Also, the paper you use -- you need to match the type of paper to your printer selection. That also can make a big difference.

And finally, you may want to calibrate your monitor. Monitors are backlit, so prints may seem darker and also are skewed to the blue part of the spectrum. There are tools that can do this for you (Pantone Huey, etc.)

Don't get frustrated... you are not the first person to go through this!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.