JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
canon selphy questions
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: canon selphy questions
jenkey
Runs with Crop Tool!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
canon selphy questions 11 Years, 2 Months ago  
Does anyone have this printer and if so, would you mind answering a couple questions I have about it? I have posted in another thread specific to the printer in a class but the forum seems to have gone quiet so I thought I would try here. I have looked all over other forums and it seems people either love the printer more than anything or people are bummed about a couple things in regards to the printer so that leads me to my questions...

First question is, does the picture size bother you? I have read it isn't true 4x6 and am wondering if it is hugely noticeable or not really? I would mainly like to use the printer for filling out a baby book so not many of the pictures would be framed in actual frames but I would like the option down the line.

Second question is about the perforated edges. Does it look like you tore the pictures off a sheet or are the edges nice? I know a lot of people use this printer for Project Life and I'm thinking you wouldn't really notice the edges inside sheet protectors.

Thanks for reading!

- jenn

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Tygerpaws11
Runs with Crop Tool!
Gender: Female Caffeine & Stamps wannastamp Location: Northwest Chicago Suburbs Birthday: 01/06
Re:canon selphy questions 10 Years, 12 Months ago  
I just got this printer myself, so let me try to answer your questions. The paper size is just smaller than 4x6, but I think you might like it if you're planning on putting it in a sleeve because it will slide in much easier. The paper measures 3 15/16 x 5 13/16. The edges do have perforation, and you can see and feel it if you're looking up close. From just a few inches away, you can barely see if, even if you're looking hard (like I was this morning ) It seems like the way the page is proportioned that you might snip these edges. The photo quality is top notch, but be warned it prints each color individually and sucks the paper in and out a couple of times to do so. It still prints very quickly, but I freaked out the first time when it looked like my photo was going to be all yellow. It was super simple to setup with my iPhone and iPad, but my Mac is on the latest operating system (10.8 - think it's called Lion) and the software in the box doesn't work for it. There is a download online, and I'm working on that now (haven't had time to try until this morning).
Like I said, I just got this printer Saturday and am still playing, but I hope this helps!

Logged Logged

Michelle Single's Caffeine & Stamps - www.wannastamp.com
jenkey
Runs with Crop Tool!
Re:canon selphy questions 10 Years, 12 Months ago  
Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Logged Logged
palmettostate
Runs with Crop Tool!
Re:canon selphy questions 10 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hmmmm...I thought I hit submit but must have cancelled instead.

Does the selphy print instagram true to size without any additional formatting on my part? That would be the primary reason I buy one, if I did.

Logged Logged
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.