JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
PSE 11 verses earlier version?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: PSE 11 verses earlier version?
alonamoon2@gmail.com
Newbie!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Location: Metropolitan Detroit Birthday: 01/26
PSE 11 verses earlier version? 11 Years ago  
I"m a 5 year user of PSE6.LOVE it.My computer crashed and I had to update. I bought PSE 11.I'm so dissapointed in the confined workspace and the loss of the large, visable photo bin. And I HATE the tab and floating window thingies. I also prefer the darker background. I'm thinking of ditching 11 and buying an earler version rather than spending anymore time learning 11. Any advice or suggestions as to which version? I do some restoration (with jessica's awesome help) but mainly want the program for scrapbooking and therefore need maximum flexibility for managing multiple files at once. THANKS

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
BabyNurse
I can clone that out, don't worry...
Re:PSE 11 verses earlier version? 11 Years ago  
It does have a plus or two, but the main thing I don't like about is the workspace. I find myself going back to version 7. Love it.

Logged Logged

Live one day at a time, but make it a masterpiece!
r_marling@shaw.ca
Digital Superstar!
I hear you!
I was planning to finally upgrade from PSE7 (my true love) to PSE11 - then saw the new user interface and ... forget it!
If the old user interface is good enough for CS6, surely it's good enough for any new version of PSE.
I don't use the organizer or actions; and there are still things in PSE7 that I have yet to learn.

Rosi

Logged Logged
alonamoon2@gmail.com
Newbie!
Thanks. My concern is if the older versions will become outdated as far as tutorials and stuff. I'm still not an expert. I was think ing of 9 or 10. I don't use the organizer so the issues of version 10's organizer weaknesses wouldn't concern me.

Logged Logged
alonamoon2@gmail.com
Newbie!
I also don't use actions or the organizer. I heard that version 10 had some issues with the organizer, but that wouldn't bother me. I guess it seems logical to upgrade as far as possible without dealing with the new user interface. do you know anything about 8 9 or 10?

Logged Logged
Lori_mom
Runs with Crop Tool!
You can switch things around so that your windows are more like PSE 6, but I don't remember how I did it. You can also make the background dark (I'm assuming it's currently transparent, so that your desktop is showing through?). I know that I watched Jessica's You Tube video on how to make 11 look more like earlier versions, and I know I messed around in the layout tab (the one that looks like a little scrapbook page).

I moved from PSE 6 to 10 a year or so ago. I still miss the ease of 6 sometimes. Then I moved from 10 to 11 last fall. The new interface turned me off at first, but I forced myself to use it for a whole weekend at a retreat, and I'm used to it now. I still wish that I could make the photo bin separate from all of the tools though. But I'm able to look at multiple layouts at the same time like I used to do with 6.

Lori
MacBook Pro
PSE 11

Logged Logged
r_marling@shaw.ca
Digital Superstar!
Would you consider waiting a few months until PSE12 is released? (usually in the late autumn)Maybe the geniuses at Adobe will have come to their senses.
Rosi

Logged Logged
alonamoon2@gmail.com
Newbie!
Yes, I would wait. I used Jessica's advice to customize the desktop which is a huge improvement over the default so I can use it, but I'm still very unhappy with the photo bin vs tool options issue. Also at age 70, it's hard to see my page on this smaller work area. I have an HP with large screen for lap top, but still. . . . Boy, Adobe needs to talk to scrapbookers (specifically Jessica), not just photo editors.All they would really have to do to suit me is make the panel bin sizes adjustable. I paid full price for 11 and 12 will be expensive, on thing I have to consider. Thanks for thinking of this though, I hadn't thought of just waiting.

Logged Logged
merrybaker
Newbie!
Re:PSE 11 verses earlier version? 10 Years, 12 Months ago  
I was just reading on Jessica's blog, future upgrades of PSE will on;y be available by subscription in their cloud. I have purchased PSE 11,also bought videos on how to use it. Much different than earlier versions.

Logged Logged
KBear
Kimber
Photography TA, JS Mentor, & Forum Guru
Re:PSE 11 verses earlier version? 10 Years, 12 Months ago  
Just a little clarification: Future upgrades of the full version of Photoshop will be available with the Creative Cloud subscription only. At this point, PSE is still offered as a stand-alone product.

Logged Logged
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.