JessicaSprague.com Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Microsoft Word
sprout87
Born and raised desert rat
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Sprout87 Sprout87 Sprout87 Location: Arizona Birthday: 09/03
Microsoft Word 10 Years, 9 Months ago  
I'm trying to print a table of contents for a class from here & it doesn't print the way it looks on the screen (or Preview). I have the chapters justified but they print all over the place. I have MS Office 2007 Home & Student so there isn't free support anymore. Anyone really good with it that can offer some insight into why it's doing this?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/31 13:43 By sprout87.

Carol
The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J.Bingham
Win7 PSE9 Canon RebelT3 speedlite 320ex 50mm f/1.8 75-300mm f/3.5-5.6
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
elseepe
Digital Superstar!
elseepe's blog
Re:Microsoft Word 10 Years, 9 Months ago  
i usually start troubleshooting word format issues by clicking on the paragraph symbol located up in the ribbon bar. This allows you to see tabs, spaces, returns etc so that you might be able to track down where it is going wonky.

Did you create it manually, or did you have word create it for you? I still haven't figured out all of Word 2007 . . . I was pretty proficient in Word 2003 (I think it was). It seems they keep trying to make it predict more of what I want and do it automatically for me, but they keep getting it wrong.

The fonts look a bit different from your print preview screen to you printout as well, maybe it is just the spacing.

Logged Logged

~Lisa
If there's a JS class, I'm there.
elseepe's blog
PC Win7 64-bit PSE7, PSE11/CS6
sprout87
Born and raised desert rat
Ctrl-a Ctrl-c Ctrl-v Ka-chow!
Gender: Female Sprout87 Sprout87 Sprout87 Location: Arizona Birthday: 09/03
I created it myself. And you're right, the fonts do look different. Hadn't noticed that. But they seem to print correctly. If I click on the paragraph button I just get the P at the end of each line & a dot between words.
What does that tell me?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/31 18:19 By sprout87.

Carol
The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J.Bingham
Win7 PSE9 Canon RebelT3 speedlite 320ex 50mm f/1.8 75-300mm f/3.5-5.6
nancyS
Pumped from Using the mouse!
You need to use a right tab. Did you put the leader dots in yourself? If so try this: take out the dots so your pg 1 is right next to the word Cityscapes. Do this for each line. Select all 5 lines, set a tab just before your right margin, and as you set it, double click on it to bring up the tab dialog box. Make sure you've selected two things: it needs to be a right tab AND it needs to be a leader tab. Place your cursor after the word cityscapes and press tab. Do that for each line and it should print out the way you want.

Logged Logged

using PSE8 with vista, bamboo fun CTE650 completed: SIH, U&R, Now We're Rockin, HIH
temporary dropout of:T&W,T&W2, DID, ACDSee,Photo Editing--Good to Great/Frame Ups, Brushabilities
Go to top

Let's Keep in Touch!

Copyright 2013 JessicaSprague.com. All Rights reserved.